A-CSM® is considered an advanced training for professionals seeking to enhance their Scrum skills.
A-CSM is for those seeking to grow their career while also improving ability to work with their Product Owners, teams and organizations.
This Innovel 2-day Virtual Advanced Certified Scrum Master® (A-CSM®) course is in partnership with Agile coaches & CST®s, Fadi Stephan and Innovel’s Robin Dymond.
Advanced CSM® training is for Certified Scrum Masters® who are seeking enhanced skills in working with their teams – this includes advanced training for:
- facilitating better dialogue between Product Owner, Scrum Team members, customers, stakeholders and executives
- responding to challenges when facing resistance to change, lack of participation, low motivation and unavailability of team members
- increasing engagement to improve greater accountability, commitment, and buy-in
- scaling Scrum and Agile beyond a single team.
You can take this course anytime after completing your CSM® exam. You can complete your A-CSM® exam once you have 12 months experience logged with the Scrum Alliance.
As with every Innovel hosted training, your experience is our highest priority. Small class sizes, highly interactive learning methods and fun are always guaranteed.
This A-CSM® Course is Guaranteed to…
- go beyond the fundamentals of Scrum, to provide enhanced ability to work with Product Owners, teams and your organization
- provide you with a deeper understanding of the Scrum Master role, including facilitation and coaching techniques
- dive into facilitation and coaching techniques that help in overcoming organizational impediments and improve team dynamics and performance.
- transform your career or organization.
- be fun, interactive & enjoyable.
- be supported with bonus training materials after completion.
Every Workshop Includes
- pre-reading materials and course preparation advice
- soft copy of course materials
- recommended reading lists
- PDFs, videos, and links to other learning resources
- 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. training over 2 days in various time zone options
- attendance requirement for both full days to qualify for Advanced Scrum certification.
- multiple tools with links, tutorials and technical support to assist with getting online (in virtual courses)
- access to gain 14 PDU credits from PMI and 14 SEU credits from Scrum Alliance
- 1 year membership in Scrum Alliance and initial certification fee
Robin and the Innovel trainers offer a highly engaging, hands-on, interactive experience. He ensures students receive the information outlined for certification requirements with Scrum Alliance with useful, practical insights, games and applications throughout the course.
Key Topics include
- Agile and Lean values and principles
- Facilitation techniques
- Coaching stances
- Servant Leadership
- Fostering self-organization
- Improving team performance and team dynamics
- Understanding the value of engineering practices
- Creating and improving on the Definition of Done
- Coaching the Product Owner on creating a vision and refining the product backlog
- Identifying and resolving organizational impediments
- Scaling Scrum
- Affecting organizational change
Innovel Advanced CSM® training brings together world-class, international leaders in Agile coaching and Scrum with over 20 years combined experience.
We guarantee you will be prepared to make a real, tangible difference in your organization and stand out as a true Agile leader in your career.
A-CSM Certification Requirements
- hold a Certified Scrum Master® (CSM) certification with Scrum Alliance.
- Attend this A-CSM® training to gain techniques and skills that go beyond the basics and mechanics of Scrum, expanding into interaction, facilitation, coaching, and team dynamics.
- Successfully complete all educator-designed components of an approved educational offering. This may include pre- and post-course work as deemed necessary by Innovel.
- Accept the A-CSM® license agreement from Scrum Alliance.
- Validate at least 12 months work experience specific to the role of Scrum Master in the past five years.
How long has Innovel provided Scrum training?
Our Innovel trainers are highly regarded Certified Scrum experts with real world experience in many project management and software methodologies. They have been using Scrum since 2002 and have trained over 5000 professionals throughout Europe, North American and Canada since 2006. Robin Dymond, CST® is the Innovel managing partner and lead trainer. He is one of only seven Certified Scrum Trainers® qualified to deliver Certified Scrum training in Canada, and one of the most experienced CSTs to be part of the exclusive Certified Scrum Trainers worldwide network.
Is there an exam to become Certified? Is it included?
A-CSM® certification requires completion of the 2-day course and all required elements outlined above as requested by the instructor. There is no required exam.
Do you have discounts?
Yes! We have 4 ways you or your team can save:
- Early bird pricing (usually available until 3 weeks before class start).
- VIP discounts. Past customer? We provide you a $200 credit for your next course.
- Group of 3 or more save 10% on the posted rate.
- Groups of 10 or more save more. Contact us for a quote for public or private training.
Are materials included with your courses?
We provide course materials, recommended pre-course preparation materials, and post course reading list, PDFs, videos, and links to additional resources.
Are Innovel Courses Guaranteed to Run?
We do everything we can to avoid cancelling courses. However, very occasionally it can happen. On the rare instance that we must cancel a course you have registered and paid for, you will receive advance notice, and we provide options for you to consider. In the event we cancel, you may have your payment refunded, or, we will transfer you to the next date and provide you with a $100 reimbursement as an ‘inconvenience gift’ from us to you. Your choice.
What is your cancellation and refund policy?
PRIOR TO 3 WEEKS BEFORE YOUR COURSE:
No refund is available should you wish to cancel your course registration at any point after registration. However, if you make your request prior to 3 weeks of your course date, we are happy to transfer your registration at no additional charge. You may transfer to another date, another person, or another person on another date.
WITHIN 3 WEEKS OF YOUR COURSE DATE:
Should you request a refund within 3 weeks of your course, no refund is available. We recommend you transfer your seat to another person, on the same date, at no additional charge. Should another person be unable to take your seat, we will provide a 50% credit towards a future course.
Contact us to make arrangements as stated above, or with any questions or concerns if your situation doesn’t align with these policies, at email@example.com.
Should Innovel cancel a course for any reason, we will offer a full refund or a transfer to a future course with a $100 discount.
Do you have a Satisfaction Guarantee?
Yes. Innovel training programs have very high satisfaction results. Our students and their companies are consistently pleased with the value we provide. Our Innovel team is trained to help adult learners retain more and enjoy their time in our programs.
However, we don’t take our great reputation for granted. We believe in life long learning and there is always room for improvement. So, if you attend a training and we don’t completely meet your expectations, simply let us know.
We’ll work hard with you or your team to bridge any training gaps and ensure your satisfaction.
What we do guarantee is our Certified Scrum workshops will be an engaging experience that will give you the knowledge and confidence to start implementing Scrum and Agile in your organization.
Do I have to attend the full course to be Certified?
The Scrum Alliance requires you to gain 14 hours of participation within a classroom training to be qualified for Certification. This is confirmed by the Certified Scrum Trainer® who determines if you meet this criteria. If extraordinary circumstances require you to miss a few hours of training, take-home assignments can be provided by the CST in place. This must be arranged and approved in advance with the trainer. If you miss significant portions of a course, you will not be able to be Certified. You will need to re-register (and pay) to attend again in the future.
Can I gain PDUs from the PMI?
Yes. The Scrum Alliance and Project Management Institute agree that CSM and CSPO credentials also qualify for PDUs. Upon completion of your Certified Scrum training, Innovel provides information for you to learn how to request your PDUs from PMI.